Reply To: Battle of the Trees

Greywolf
Keymaster

We’re not making best use of these student forums. We’re now thinking of moving all interactions with tutors onto here instead of via email. The first thing to do is to get all our tutors logging in on a more regular basis. I say this as one of the worst offenders. Having been devoting more-or-less all my time for the last year to upgrading the bardic course, I’ve only been dropping in here very infrequently. That said, our tutors are all volunteers and most have other jobs they must do to earn a crust, so don’t be too harsh on them.
On the Battle of Trees. Yes, there are a number of translations around, all of which read more or less differently from each other. Medieval Welsh is not the easiest to translate. The translation we have now is, we believe, the best currently available and certainly a lot more accurate than the Victorian one we were using before.
“I was in many forms
Before I was freed from restraint.”
Could refer to a group of previous existences/lives gone through before the final enlightenment is gained by drinking from the cauldron of Ceridwen.
Many blessings,
Greywolf /|\