Reply To: Bardic Music: healing in times of trouble

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum Bardic Music: healing in times of trouble Reply To: Bardic Music: healing in times of trouble

Noel
Participant

I’m glad your efforts to create the horse-hair harp went well. I’ve never even heard of such a thing before so I’ll definitely be looking it up. Thank you for educating us on yet another interesting fact!

“Is it just me whose brain is wired this way or do you also find healing in music?”

I agree that music has always drawn me in on both an emotional and spiritual level. As a child, I often found myself singing to express my emotions, or just singing to the animals like some cheesy character in a Disney movie because it was fun. Now I’ve found that I almost always have music playing, and no genre is fully off-limits.

Some songs have helped me connect with my inner self while others have helped me feel more connected to things like nature, humanity, or even the gods. It truly is something I can’t imagine being without and I’m grateful to all the musicians who put their creativity and work out there.