Reply To: Trans Respect Trans Day of Rememberance 2020

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum Trans Respect Trans Day of Rememberance 2020 Reply To: Trans Respect Trans Day of Rememberance 2020

Noel
Participant

This is my first time posting here so firstly, I’m pleased with the Mods response and genuine attempts to keep this forum a safe space for all members. With social politics discourse going on in multiple Druid and pagan groups, it’s refreshing to see that those “in charge” are taking a clear stand.

Secondly, I’m going to agree with the above posts saying there’s no place for prejudice in today’s day and age. Non-heterosexual relationships have existed since pretty much forever. Likewise, many cultures have recognized trans individuals, including those outside the man/woman binary. They may not always have been called “transgender”, but there are plenty of historical accounts of people choosing to live as a certain gender, and many non-Western cultures have more than two genders in their gender binary to begin with. I would think that right to live as your authentic self so long as you aren’t causing harm to others is a value that goes hand in hand with the values of Druidry.