Reply To: THE SOUND OF ONE HAND CLAPPING

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum THE SOUND OF ONE HAND CLAPPING Reply To: THE SOUND OF ONE HAND CLAPPING

david poole
Participant

From what I have learned about Bobcat, and indeed Greywolf, there was a particular time when there were large public ceremonies and people were very open and active. That has now changed a great deal, partly due to people’s lives changing, partly due to the lockdown. I don’t think we will ever see a return to the times which we used to have. I think that people’s roles have changed and that we have elders who can teach, based upon their experience and that that is probably the best that we are going to get. We may be surprised by the sudden emergence of a charismatic leader or two who can rise to the front and start leading large groups again, but I don’t think we should depend upon it; we need to depend more upon ourselves. I was thinking of people such as Tim Sebastian or Dylan Ap Thuinn, for example, I don’t think we have many or indeed any people like that left. There are still survivors, many individuals and many groups who represent paths such as ours. I think that we all have to accept that there has been a lot of change and that we have to find new ways forward. Bobcat as far as I know is somewhat active in her own way, of course we have her books and other people’s books which represent a permanent teaching which is open to all.