Reply To: Review: The Voice Within the Wind, Greywind

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum Review: The Voice Within the Wind, Greywind Reply To: Review: The Voice Within the Wind, Greywind

david poole
Participant

I reread Greywind’s book today and it was just as you describe it once again. One passage in particular struck me, which I did not notice before: Greywind says that if anyone knew he was practicing Druidry that he might be in trouble; he mentions his neighbours, who he says would be unhappy if he knew that someone did not belong to a particular Christian sect, as if he was thinking of more than one group. Sounds like it might be either the Catholics or the Protestants, I think Greywind is based in Ireland. That would explain why he is thinking of more than one sect. Another point, Greywind talks about Irish issues and concepts and uses Irish Gaelic at a few key points about here before going on to other subjects. He mentions the lia faill, the Stone of Destiny, and also the Brehon laws. This would appear to be his background, which he does not specifically state anywhere else but he gives some clues away at this point.