Reply To: Alban Elfed, the festival of the elves

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum Alban Elfed, the festival of the elves Reply To: Alban Elfed, the festival of the elves

Anonymous

Hi Ray, I feel this is kind of exploratory. I am trying to explore what being a druid is really all about. I don’t think very many people at BDO agree with me on what a druid is, and that is fine because I am still working it out myself. I feel it has a lot to do with the Celtic Otherworld, but I think a lot of druids are into druidry for the history. It would be interesting to find out what stories go along with the Alban Elfed. One of the people who I just discovered who seems to know a lot about it is a guy named
The Apple Branch: A Path to Celtic Ritual Paperback – July 1, 2003
by Alexei Kondratiev (Author). This guy also wrote a book on druid ritual. From what I have read so far, I seem to agree with him. Kondratiev was a linguist and taught Celtic Languages, but he died in 2010. I see this site as a learning site where druids can learn from other druids and open up new ways of thinking about druidry. I am sure I end up pissing some people off in my posts, but I don’t mean to, I am just trying to go out on a limb and really get to the roots of what druidry is all about. I wish I could help you more, but I am just learning myself. If I learn anything from the books I have ordered, written by Kondratiev I will let you know. There have been some really great druid teachers, but they are hard to find. And from what I read over at OBOD, I don’t think they are on the right track on this Alban Elfed. I am going to try to have some kind of ritual and try to get in touch with the Celtic Gods and goddesses at Alban Elfed. It definitely is the date of the Celtic harvest home, and seems like a time of good food and feasting. I do play a Celtic song called harvest home on my fiddle. Best William