Reply To: Alban Elfed, the festival of the elves

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum Alban Elfed, the festival of the elves Reply To: Alban Elfed, the festival of the elves

Anonymous

I also see the idea of the lord and lady, which is just too Wiccan for me, and just goest to show how many druids are really Wiccans in disguise, I like the idea of the holly king, and the oak king. the holly king of winter, and the oak king of summer. whereas, the lord and lady, are like the lord of the woods and the lady of the moon, and the weird sexual ritual of drawing down the moon in Wiccan which to me is only an excuse for old men to try to con some young girl to have sex with them with the excuse that he will be the lord of the woods and she will be the moon goddess. Not so fast jack, first when you call down these forces there is not knowing what spirits you are getting involved with, and ;you might as well be practicing voodondon, and calling on papa legba. so, I would not advise letting any old codger talk you into being the vessel from some strange ceremony. In fact I had a voodoo witch warn me about this down in old New Orleans., I like the idea of the holly king taking over for the oak king of summer. trees are more druidry, and trees and druids just go together. duridry is not Wiccan, and there should be a strong line drawn between the two. I love the witches, but witches are not the same as druids, though a witch can be a druid, I am not sure a druid can be a witch, if that makes any sense, or about as much as how many baby druids can fit in a tire.