Reply To: Standing Stones Etiquette

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum Standing Stones Etiquette Reply To: Standing Stones Etiquette

Anonymous

Hi David, I see what you are saying, but I am kind of the other school, and approve of drugs for use in getting closer to the otherworld. remember the American Indians use tobacco all the time and take peyote. Also the druids surely knew of liberty cap. I don’t see any reason why people can’t get high at druid sites, as long as they are not breaking things. and at many of these sites there really is no energy that most people would feel until the energy is raised. the sites are there, but until someone comes along and knows how to use them, they are just dormant, however, some people may feel an increase in energy around the site, but not everyone. the fact is, a lot of people just are not magical and could care less, but there are spirit guardians at these sites and best not to upset them. also, I think people should not be afraid to approach the sites, but I do understand what you are saying, still to raise lots of energy you need group mind or group think, the people who went to Grateful Dead concerts use to talk about this. there is power in groups. I found out all kinds of stuff about magic when I use to drop acid. I saw the world as a living conscious interconnected place with energy all around, but, all acid really does is pop up your Serotonin, is a chemical that has a wide variety of functions in the human body. It is sometimes called the happy chemical, because it contributes to wellbeing and happiness. The scientific name for serotonin is 5-hydroxytryptamine, or 5-HT. It is mainly found in the brain, bowels, and blood platelets. lSD makes your brain use tons of serotonin, so you feel great for the first five hours, and then you feel really bad, like cockroaches are everywhere, because you have used all the serotonin in your brain. So, maybe being happy is what druids should be doing all the time. I don’t take lsd anymore, just too much to deal with, and I did not feel I was learning anything new when I took it, it was pretty much the same experience again and again, and I do think it Frys your brain. but, I don’t have anything against people using drugs to have some kind of shamanic experience. And of course alcohol is addictive and can ruin your life fast or slow, either way it is something that I think is dangerous, and I don’t drink anymore, just got tired of it. As long as people are not using drugs to deal with psychological pain I guess they are alright,. there is a lot more to life than drugs, like friendship and family,. but many people use drugs to hide from the dark horror of life, and I say, face the dark side, and accept it is there, and don’t try to hide from it because it will just show up in some other form. it really gets back again to having a purpose in life, something that you want to do, like art or writing, and by the way I have noticed, Dave, that you are a good writer, when is the first book coming out? may the awen be with you, William.