Reply To: Exploring what Ronald Hutton thinks about druidry?

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum Exploring what Ronald Hutton thinks about druidry? Reply To: Exploring what Ronald Hutton thinks about druidry?

Dowrgi
Participant

Henry VII didn’t land in Wales, he was born in Wales. He took the crown from Richard III at the Battle of Bosworth, which ended the thirty-odd years of civil, dynastic wars known as the Wars of the Roses.

As for Culloden, it’s complicated. There were actually Scots and Irish units on the British government side too. The whole thing was a disaster from start to finish and you have to question the military prowess on the Stuart side, I mean, charging with a poorly equipped, minority (slight) force against a highly-disciplined and well-armed professional army. Of course, Bonnie Prince Charlie just cleared off back to Italy and the Scots Highlanders paid the price for his ambitions. To be honest, I’ve never understood why he has been so romanticised, he was certainly no Robert the Bruce or William Wallace for sure.

but I think there is still a Cornish language that is spoken some

Yn certan, yma tus lyes py a gews Kernewek hedhyu. My a aswon nebes geryow ynweth.