Reply To: Druidry as a religion v. Druidry as a Fellowship

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum Druidry as a religion v. Druidry as a Fellowship Reply To: Druidry as a religion v. Druidry as a Fellowship

Anonymous

Just a quick thought, if druids were the priest and seers of ancient tribes, then how can modern druids be priests. I mean, what tribe are they a priest of? You would have to have a tribe to be a priest. Do people consider groups like the obod a tribe? Is a group really a tribe? A tribe to me means people who are bound together for protection from other tribes. And I don’t think of the BDO as a tribe though we do have a chief, and I think we have a chieftess, but she seems to make herself invisible. And we would all love to hear from her from time to time. I see it all as a fellowship of the ring, kind of thing. We are on a journey together to stop the evil of Mordor, the approaching storm of industrialization and environmental destruction. And we are sworn to reclaim our natural right to the spiritual wonder and inspiration of nature. It is our heritage of the Celtic poetry and stories that call us on to the world Celtic Otherworld, and our interrelationships with nature and each other.