Reply To: THE ADVENTURE OF CRAIC RAT THE SMELLY DRUID

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum THE ADVENTURE OF CRAIC RAT THE SMELLY DRUID Reply To: THE ADVENTURE OF CRAIC RAT THE SMELLY DRUID

Anonymous

I feel people can get too serious about druidry, and that causes the loss of joy and happiness of druidry. To me the main goal of druidry is creativity. The fact is no one knows what druidry is, and everything that people say it is is just made up in one way or another. Oh yes, people want to go back to St. Gomm, or some St. Nichols, but they just made the stuff up themselves. nowadays, I think some druids think that they are going to be knighted by the Queen of England or Prince of Wales. Modern druidry is based more on Wicca than anything else and the Gardinians have a large part in the development of Druidry. And then you can go back to the bardas and iolo, which many people do. But it turns out that most of that was just made up stuff also. But still, there are druids who just go overboard on trying to make druidry a respectful world religion, and in the process lose everything that makes druidry fun and worthwhile. More and more, the druid police are beginning to show their riot sticks and tear gas in order to control. I say don’t let them intimidate you. Druidry is whatever you want it to be, and not some druid policeman’s idea of druidry, or who can and can not be a druid. There are druids who claim that they have discovered some ancient technology, but the fact is it is nothing more than basic garden variety witchcraft. So always have fun, and be wild, and don’t let people control you.