Reply To: Ovate Responses to the Covid-19 Coronavirus Pandemic

The British Druid Order Forums Student Support Forums Ovate Student Support Forum Ovate Responses to the Covid-19 Coronavirus Pandemic Reply To: Ovate Responses to the Covid-19 Coronavirus Pandemic

Sandy Buckle
Participant

I’ve been really surprised at my personal response to the pandemic. I started by going through a serious guilt trip as I’d retired from nursing in 2019 and being asthmatic wasn’t allowed to return to duty. My brain then told me to hid away as I’m older and asthmatic. Okay I thought I can do all the projects that I’ve never had time for ….but then what followed was periods of inertia and lack of enthusiasm for doing anything!
Thankfully i live on Dartmoor and not in a high rise block in a city but I longed to get further out into the wilds than was initially allowed and seek the solace of the moor.
However, I have managed to slowly engage with projects including work on the Ovate course and life has taken on a new rhythm.
My daily Druid practice and meditation has been a real support for me – not sure how the family feel about me learning to play a native flute though!!