Reply To: You have to be able to deal with the put downs to be a bard

The British Druid Order Forums Student Support Forums Bardic Student Support Forum You have to be able to deal with the put downs to be a bard Reply To: You have to be able to deal with the put downs to be a bard

Alexander Valdes
Participant

I agree! I have no anger towards them, but there’s certainly a type of person that thinks spoiling the fun is what everyone likes. The same people that point out the scary bits in haunted houses!

As for my other comment, being an American in his 20’s (and living very near DC) I’m exposed pretty heavily to modern ‘woke’ thinking. Naturally, this includes discussing appropriation. I think it was booklet two that said portions of that appropriation come from a craving for spirituality in one’s life. I believe that to be true, and on several occasions now have pointed people from our shared heritage (my mother came to the US in her 20s, my family mainly lives in Wingate near Durham) towards the study of druidry. Them being usually too well minded to call themselves Apache Shamans still meant they had that missing spiritual aspect in their life. As I show them this path, many express relief at a spiritual cultural heritage they can participate in without being a part of neo colonialism. Often it starts with them asking about our altar or wanting to come on a hike (which then exposes them to our weirdness!!).