Reply To: You have to be able to deal with the put downs to be a bard

The British Druid Order Forums Student Support Forums Bardic Student Support Forum You have to be able to deal with the put downs to be a bard Reply To: You have to be able to deal with the put downs to be a bard

Jen Bottom
Participant

I run a couple of small folk music sessions.
I really don’t like it when people who are “good” at what they do musically, come in and trash someone who is maybe giving their first public performance, or for what ever reason, isn’t considered as “good” as the other person.
Even if you think something really sucks, it’s only going to go on fir a few minutes of your life, so you can put up with it, or get a drink, go for a walk etc.

I try to be as friendly and encouraging as possible, because I myself don’t have a ton of musical talent, but I still enjoy what I do.

I think enjoying being creative is the best part. After all, if you don’t enjoy it on some level, why do it?

Also I’m learning to play the fiddle, so I expect I will post some fairly “bad” recordings here, as I progress.

I do believe everyone can be a bard if they wish, but not everyone has the courage or opportunity to perform in public necessarily.

That’s ok by me.

Blessings,
Jen.