Reply To: Summer Solstice Celebrations

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum Summer Solstice Celebrations Reply To: Summer Solstice Celebrations

Dowrgi
Participant

HI David.

Just to let you know, I decided not to drum in the morning. I thought it might be a little inconsiderate to my neighbours, so I sat and watched the sun rise in the NE and meditated with the sounds of the dawn chorus, just me, birds, clouds and sky. The dawn chorus was absolutely amazing and the pale red light giving away to the bright yellow sun as it rose was something to behold.

In the evening, I made a fire and did some drumming with the sunset. All in all, it was a quiet solstice but a very thought-provoking one. I couldn’t help but wonder how many people the sun had “looked down on” throughout time and if the sun could speak, what tales she would tell. I lit a candle just before dawn and it kept going all day, surprisingly, and from that candle I also lit my incense and the evening fire. I also had my smooth piece of Preseli blue stone that I placed to catch the first rays of the sun. So, a little improvised I do admit, but the best I could manage this year.

Bennathow
/|\