Reply To: do you know any standard services for the 8 celebrations?

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum do you know any standard services for the 8 celebrations? Reply To: do you know any standard services for the 8 celebrations?

Dowrgi
Participant

Hi Dannorix. That is an excellent book and I really like the way the author goes into the language and etymology of the Gaulish words, because the thought behind the word can reveal a lot.

Many years back, I was lucky enough to visit Paris and I headed for the Musée de Cluny (Musée du Moyen Âge) where I saw the famous Pillar of the Boatmen, so that was a great experience.

I agree with you about the Gaulish pantheon. What’s more, I am extremely cautious with all of these so-called Welsh and Irish deities because, to be honest, I’m not always convinced that they were deities. I notice a modern tendency to see gods and goddesses everywhere and I often wonder why there can’t be supernatural beings, entities or just magic without umpteen gods and goddesses which are very often based on modern speculation rather than historical or traditional ideas. Anyway, that’s just my take on things.

I hope you don’t mind, but I think I’ll add your book and reference to the Bookshelf thread in the Bardic Forum because I think it would be really useful for many here.

Bennathow
/|\