Reply To: do you know any standard services for the 8 celebrations?

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum do you know any standard services for the 8 celebrations? Reply To: do you know any standard services for the 8 celebrations?

Anonymous

Dear David, first, May you have a most magical Summer Solstice, I wish you well. Looking for who would be the goddess and gods of the Summer Solstice to celebrate, I found the Celtic Druid web page, who are in Ireland, near Castlerea in North Roscommon. And I have been interested in this group for some time because they seem to be very Irish and Celtic. So, from their site, “ This longest day is sacred to the White Mare Goddess, who was known in Wales as Rhiannon, in France as Epona and here in Ireland She is called Éatain Eachraidhe (sometimes also spelt Edaín). In the recent destruction of the sacred valley in the Royal City of Tara the remains of a high status female (with horse and giant dog found nearby) was kept totally under media wraps. The high status female is wrapped in black plastic and stored in a warehouse in Drogheda. But Her spirit has returned to native consciousness and once again Éatain, the White Mare Goddess, is honoured with ceremony on Tara on the longest day of the year.”
And they also say “ God, Goddess and the Four Archangels
This longest day is sacred to the White Mare Goddess, who was known in Ireland as Éatain Eachraidhe. This was the Iron Age expression of the goddess, in the preceding age the goddess was honoured as the White Cow or Boann / Boyne the sacred river that flows before Knowth, Newgrange and Dowth.”

So going with this information, I am thinking that the goddess to be honored and form a relationship with on Summer Solstice is Rhiannon. So that is a good place for me to begin.

Further, I am starting to think that there are three branches of druidry, one is the Gaul branch with the god Cernunnos, and found from Rome to Germany to France. Two is the branch of the Norse, which is found in southern England near Stonehenge, and three is the branch of the Tuatha de Danann, found in Scotland and Ireland. And just like there are different branches of other religions, I see no reason to think that there are not different branches of druidry, so we are all not exactly talking about druidry in the same way. Some people are more Gaulish druidry, and other more Tuatha Druidry. This make sense to me. What do you Think? A thousand Blessings BlueFalcon.