Reply To: do you know any standard services for the 8 celebrations?

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum do you know any standard services for the 8 celebrations? Reply To: do you know any standard services for the 8 celebrations?

Anonymous

Dear Dowrgi, I don’t live in the world of myth, I live in the Celtic Otherworld. Implying something is mythic is to see things as not real. In the Celtic Otherworld the Gods and Goddesses and faery are real as you and I. Yes there are many Celtic stories, but most of them are about the Celtic Otherworld, and at best only give a quick view through the mist of what it is like and some inkling of how to get there, maybe a signpost or two. I have a difficult time remembering any real stories that have spiritual lesson in them. Perhaps you could point some out, and refresh my memory. Are there any Celtic sermons on the mount? or parables in the myths that can teach us some profound lesson of how we as druids can live a better spiritual life. I have noticed that most Neo Pagans turn to modern psychology for clues to better ways to living and dealing with stress and disease. I am not a Neo Pagan. Garr Gomm is an Awesome psychologist, and I like his psychology self help, but is that really druidry? I invite you to step through the hedge into the Celtic otherworld. You seem to understand all this stuff, just make the next step, it is only a thin veil away.
Don’t be afraid. The Celtic Gods and Goddesses are waiting for you, and want to have a deeper relationship with you. Maybe a ceremony to them could get the ball rolling, hopefully a shinty ball. best Sir William