Reply To: do you know any standard services for the 8 celebrations?

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum do you know any standard services for the 8 celebrations? Reply To: do you know any standard services for the 8 celebrations?

Anonymous

Stay calm Sir Dowgri, The catholic church tried to wipe out Chaucer’s book at the end of Chaucer’s life. There had been a political change, but after Chaucer’s death copies were found and printed on Caxton’s press. I was amazed at how little of this can be found online. So I refer you to Riverside Chaucer Edition, my favorite. For the history of the book. The early church did preserve some celtic stories, but also put their spin on them. Taliesin was not at the cross of Jesus during the passion. That is just an unbelievable concept, along with Jesus visiting England. Please. And the problem is that so little real spiritual lessons are in what we do have of the Celtic literature. So that is why I say that the only way to be a druid is form a relationship with the celtic gods and goddess and the faery people, and from their discover the spiritual side of druidry, all else is just 60s and 70s counterculture, with some psychology thrown in, and a dose of new age. If we are to return to a druid spirituality, we will have to have ways to deal with the spiritual life druids, and not just superficial re-enacting. We will need ceremonies to heal people from disease, and drug addiction. We will need contact with the Celtic Gods and Goddesses. Just being ecologically minded is not enough. The Celtic Gods and Goddesses call out to us to regain our spiritual power and healing. And it is difficult for people who have been brainwashed by Christianity to find their way home.