Reply To: do you know any standard services for the 8 celebrations?

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum do you know any standard services for the 8 celebrations? Reply To: do you know any standard services for the 8 celebrations?

Anonymous

Dowrgi, I understanding exactly what you are saying, and those are good thoughts, and I agree with them. In contrast I am looking for the best of the best of the printed druids services. Some must be better than others.
And I see the printed services as a template to make your own, or something to grab in a jam when you are short on time. I think the celebrations are important because they bring us closer to a relationship with the Celtic Gods and goddesses. And as I understand it, the goddesses like gifts like poems or songs, or maybe planting flowers or trees in their honor. I think we all like gifts, and gifts bring us closer to each other, like Christmas and birthday gifts. They are a way to show we love others and care about them. Even a birthday card to a relative who hates you can re-establish a relationship of honor and respect. However, I am really against giving cut flowers to a god because that is like giving a dead dog to a friend. Plants are living beings and the flower is the sexual part of the plant. I don’t think it is appropriate to give a dead plant’s sexual organs to a god or goddess. If there is a need to give flowers, then they should be living plants that are potted and have flowers on the plant, or better yet, plant some wildflowers in honor of the goddess. So ritualize it up and make some new friends with the Celtic Gods and goddesses.