Reply To: What is a Druid?

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum What is a Druid? Reply To: What is a Druid?

Dowrgi
Participant

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but I do sense a lot of frustration here. Is that right?

Just some friendly advice, if you spend your time worrying or cluttering up your mind with what other people say or think or pontificate about all the time, you’re not going to have any space to allow your own thoughts to form and your own inner light is going to get dazzled by all of this other light, your own inner songs are going to be drowned out by all of this noise – metaphorically speaking.

On the one hand, if you’re on some kind of spiritual path, you need to approach it with an open heart and humility and accept the fact that a lot of people out there know more than you – just for the record, I’m including myself here; on the other hand, especially with the so-called “New Age” or Neo-this or that or the other, there’s a lot of stuff out there that’s spurious, inaccurate or misleading, so you need to try to avoid taking the wrong turns on the forest path, if you follow me that is.

Speaking personally, when I find my head filled with mental noise and conflicting thoughts and lack of focus, I go and find a quiet place by a tree or on the beach or even in my garden, maybe take my drum, and I sit there and let the wind and the fresh air and nature talk to me. I find it very relaxing and calming and it works for me.

By the way, a few weeks ago, I think you misunderstood what was meant when I made the comment about empty vessels making the loudest noise, I wasn’t talking about you, I was talking about the people who are always telling everyone else what is what. I hope that clears the matter up.

Anyway, this is just my perception and a bit of friendly advice, it’s up to you decide what is the right path for you.

Bennathow
/|\