Reply To: Petrodollar and Global Warming: what druids can do?

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum Petrodollar and Global Warming: what druids can do? Reply To: Petrodollar and Global Warming: what druids can do?

Dowrgi
Participant

The choice as to the future we face is now yours. We will do everything we can to help you.” There was quite a stir going on within his audience, Duncan could tell that his speech had hit a serious chord …

As the crowd were looking at each other in agreement and the fervour and enthusiasm was reaching a peak, suddenly the sky began to darken. The crowd fell silent as an aged, withered man in dark robes, supporting himself with a great staff of yew slowly, somewhat unsteadily, made his way through the crowd to the front. After what seemed a never-ending silence, he lifted his hood with his old, weather-worn hands, looked up at Duncan and with piercing green eyes, eyes that had seen many a joy and many a sorrow, he spoke up …

“I come hither from the desolated lands, from the ghost forests, the parched rivers and the broken hills, and I come hither to warn you. While you speak the forces of the Kings of Illusion, the Serpents of Deceit are preparing to make war … ”

“Who are you? Why have you come here?” people started asking in unison, some anxious at the apparition of this figure, some even angry that their cheer had so soon been brought to an end.

“I am the one they call Mac na hOíche, Son of the Night.”