Reply To: Druid Responses to Covid-19 Coronavirus Pandemic

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum Druid Responses to Covid-19 Coronavirus Pandemic Reply To: Druid Responses to Covid-19 Coronavirus Pandemic

Greywolf
Keymaster

Thank you for your kind responses, good people. Sounds as though Dowgri and I are both blessed with tolerant neighbours! I’ve been living here in North Wiltshire for 19 years now and have never had a single noise complaint, even when repeatedly running through lead guitar parts in an attempt to get ’em right. Mind you, I always do that with the windows closed 😉 After finishing the group of healing pieces, I started work on another project, building a reconstruction of what I think a ‘lost’ British and Irish instrument called a tiompán might have been like. I finished it about a week ago and published a blog about it that has an embedded video and sound files of my first few goes at playing it. They’re a bit scrappy due to my being new to the thing and the new strings not holding their tuning that well, but I’m really pleased with how it turned out, never having even tried to make a stringed instrument before. Well, if you fancy checking it out, it’s here: https://greywolf.druidry.co.uk/2020/05/shadows-of-the-tiompans-strings/
Many blessings,
Greywolf /|\