Reply To: Revisiting Druidry, A practical and inspirational guide, by Philip Shallcrass

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum Revisiting Druidry, A practical and inspirational guide, by Philip Shallcrass Reply To: Revisiting Druidry, A practical and inspirational guide, by Philip Shallcrass

david poole
Participant

You have a very strong point of view Startree, it is giving me all kinds of thoughts and impressions. I think that you have successfully pointed out a real danger here; rigidity of thought, belief and practice. I think that there is too much emphasis on particular people being in charge and that we would be better off working as a group of individuals with a common core of beliefs and some difference; a community or collective anarchy as it were. I think there is a fine line between many spiritual beliefs and that someone can easily tip into animism or imanentism or paganism or Druidry or something to do with nature and that there is nothing wrong with this. I do not think we should be too rigid in our beliefs or practices but instead we should try to enjoy what we have and try to develop as we go. I think we could all lose opportunities if we go around expecting too much. I find that my Druidry can be very fluid and evolving, I know that I have much to learn but consider it to be my home. I don’t think we should become too tied down to specific beliefs or practices or following specific examples, each of us must try to do the best that we can do both on our own and when working with others. This might lead to disagreement and confusion initially but will also lead to growth and development. I find Greywolf’s approach to Druidry very inspiring, but we can all find our own perspective and make it work for ourselves while continuing to work together.