Reply To: Revisiting Druidry, A practical and inspirational guide, by Philip Shallcrass

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum Revisiting Druidry, A practical and inspirational guide, by Philip Shallcrass Reply To: Revisiting Druidry, A practical and inspirational guide, by Philip Shallcrass

Anonymous

Here is Chief’s review of the book Sacred Animals by Gordon the toad (Gordon Maclellan)
Greywolf
5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book and a useful resource
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 4, 2013
Verified Purchase
Gordon MacLellan, a.k.a. Gordon the Toad, is a lovely man, an engaging speaker and a British ‘shaman’ of real integrity. In ‘Sacred Animals’ he has produced one of the best books on ‘shamanism’ that I’ve come across. Often such books are full of New Age psycho-babble or recycled quotes from anthropologists or Carlos Castaneda. ‘Sacred Animals’ is different. It’s full of practical advice for things to do, and not just spiritual exercises, although there are enough of those to keep any reader happy. There are also dozens of fascinating and worthwhile craft projects, from treating wings from roadkill birds to making full-scale animal masks. So, if you really want to connect spiritually, deeply and fully with birds, reptiles, mammals and other non-human sentient creatures, forget the rest and just buy this book. You’re unlikely to need another. And, since finding your power animal is one of the key ways in which we learn to become ‘shamans’ (or my preferred native British equivalent, Druids), you could well save on a lot of books on shamanism by buying this one too. If you succeed in connecting with your power animal through using this book, your power animal should then show you the rest of the ropes. And you’re more likely to make that connection through the advice Gordon gives here than through that given in any other book on shamanism I’ve ever read, and I’ve read quite a few. I really do recommend this one highly.