Reply To: Revisiting Druidry, A practical and inspirational guide, by Philip Shallcrass

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum Revisiting Druidry, A practical and inspirational guide, by Philip Shallcrass Reply To: Revisiting Druidry, A practical and inspirational guide, by Philip Shallcrass

Anonymous

I just want to make a quick comment here. First I feel that I am a druid and no longer a Christian Druid. So, I am a lot happier just being a Druid because I think that covers more of what I believe, also, I feel I am a Celtic Druid. I would also like to say that there are may alternative views on what a druid is, but the one thing that binds us all is the early Celtic stories like in the Mabinogi and the poems of Taliesin. Some people claim that we are not a spiritual group because we don’t have a bible or a Tora, but I feel that there is plenty of text that proves we are a spiritual group, such as the Mabinogi and the poems of Taliesin, and I am sure there is a lot of other stuff too. And there are alternative views among druids to what the texts mean. This is great, I think, because I like being a part of a group of rebels that think for themselves. I know it is hard for people who grew up with the Christian Church to be a druid because there is no bible to tell them to do this or think that. And not having a book that is full of shalls and shall nots is what I love most about being a druid, we take responsibility for our own lives. And I really look forward to hearing other druids reactions to Chief Graywolf’s book. I know that it is answering a lot of my questions. So until next time folks, go with Awen Star-tree