Reply To: Revisiting Druidry, A practical and inspirational guide, by Philip Shallcrass

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum Revisiting Druidry, A practical and inspirational guide, by Philip Shallcrass Reply To: Revisiting Druidry, A practical and inspirational guide, by Philip Shallcrass

Anonymous

Chapter 6 is on divination and Graywolf is most certainly leaning to the fact that there is a spiritual otherworld and druids walk in it. Yes there is some fudging for those atheist druids who do not believe in spirit, and Graywolf says that “ you may see it as a means of accessing your subconscious mind.” (p86, Druidry) But read this chapter, and tell me that Chief is not saying that there is an otherworld and Divination is asking the divine (spirit) for information on the future. I feel that Chief is a very spiritual person and he is aware of the spirit in nature and the spirit of the gods and goddesses. Again, you read the chapter, and tell me that Chief is not advocating that the otherworld is spiritual and not all subconscious psychology. Further, Chief talks about second sight. In my opinion, the otherworld does not just show itself to anyone. But there are people that they do make themselves vivid to. Look, this is what I am saying, use some discernment when dealing with the otherworld. It is not all happy and safe, and there are some real dangerous places and beings in the otherworld that are not out to do you a favor. Just take your time and be careful. But what I take away from this chapter is that Chief is a spiritual person, and I do not think he is an atheist non-spiritual person. Further, chief made a set of tree tarot cards for divination, and they are something you should check out. So far I think that this book should be required reading for every druid.