Reply To: Revisiting Druidry, A practical and inspirational guide, by Philip Shallcrass

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum Revisiting Druidry, A practical and inspirational guide, by Philip Shallcrass Reply To: Revisiting Druidry, A practical and inspirational guide, by Philip Shallcrass

Anonymous

Chapter 4 is excellent because it has the Celtic Heritage stories that Celtic druidry can find its way from. This is a druidry for Celtic people and is based on the Celtic stories. Chief Graywolf also talks about how magical and important the Celtic tales are. Druidry, was published in 2000 and I feel it clearly represents a Celtic form of Druidry and not a New age or pop psychology druidism. I can understand how druids have to search and find magic from all over the world, because it is the only way we can reconstruct magic, but I still believe that we as Druids should stay with the Celtic magic and Celtic stories. Celtic stories are the stories that talk to my soul, and Celtic music is the song that resonates in my spirit. I feel that druids should stay with the Celtic stories and Celtic culture. Do you think that druids should try to embrace all religions into their culture, or should we stay with the Celtic stories and Celtic myths for our roots? I vote for staying with the Celtic stories, and Celtic gods and goddesses. Is druidry a Celtic spiritual path or a world multi-religion path? And can it really be all things to all people? I feel that god, who is spirit, “ the profound secret” talks to different cultures in different ways. And I feel that the druid path is a Celtic path, and druidism does not make any sense once you try to take the Celtic mythology out of it. Trying to be all things to all people may help the OBODIANS market their expensive courses, but I feel that the Celtic path is the true path of a druid.