Reply To: Revisiting Druidry, A practical and inspirational guide, by Philip Shallcrass

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum Revisiting Druidry, A practical and inspirational guide, by Philip Shallcrass Reply To: Revisiting Druidry, A practical and inspirational guide, by Philip Shallcrass

Anonymous

Moving on with chapter two, Chief talks about the directions of the magic circle, “They have many potential meanings, and as in so much of Druidry, the rules are fluid rather than fixed, individual rather than collective.” (p29, Druidry) And what I really like about his descriptions of the points are that he adds the correspondences of the Celtic Gods and Goddesses to each point. Then he talks about the celebrations of the wheel of the year, again with lots of correspondences of the Celtic Gods and Goddesses, which I love, and I will just comment on Alban Elfed with is my favorite because I always think of this as a celebration of the elves and the trees. And Chief says, “the trees and hedgerows are heavy with fruit.” (p39, Druidry) Chief says that “ There are life experiences and negative self-images that can prevent us from fulfilling our potential; the sacred circle offers us the opportunity to work through these blockages.” (p41, Druidry) It seems to me that Chief sees these celebrations and magic circle work as a way to work on self- transformation, which is a theme I have seen in the book so far. And Chief also seems to be saying that using your own words in ritual is better than using something that you got from a book. I like the way he gets spiritual at the end saying, “Finally, give thanks to the spirits of place, thanking them for accepting your presence.” (p45, druidry)
Here we see the writings of a deeply spiritual Graywolf who is working with the powers of divinity to change himself and the world, a Chief Graywolf who also is aware of the Celtic heritage in druidry, and who connects with the spirit of the Celtic gods and goddesses in his rituals.