Reply To: Technical Assistance Required

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum Technical Assistance Required Reply To: Technical Assistance Required

david poole
Participant

Hi fiveelementjack. When I subscribed to the Bardic course I am pretty sure that I did receive a confirmation of some kind, it was some time ago but I am sure that it happened. Whenever there is a deduction from my Paypal account I am always told about that, so the process works. There is an introductory sample package which I think is free which anyone can read, this gives you a very short, simple idea of what the course entails then it kind of goes on from there. In this first package Greywolf sketches out a few ideas of what a Bard should be and what they should be doing to give you a flavour of the course, you then decide for yourself whether you want to pursue this further. This course then proceeds as a series of twenty four booklets which you can study at your own rate and work with in your own way. There is a definite progression so it helps to follow the booklets in order as the knowledge within them slowly reveals itself to you. These booklets appear as downloadable pdfs. There are other very interesting sections with the BDO main board such as the two different blogs, which can be quite interesting to read; the events, although sometimes this is empty; some general information on druidry, which is worth a look; a member’s reference library, which exists in the Student Support Pages. The booklets are broken up into groups of four each, every time you are pinged for a payment this basically amounts to paying for one set of four booklets. It’s not a heavy cost at all, at least to my feeling, considering how much you are given. There are frequent exercises which you are given which you can try to test your ability, and you can submit work of your own if you feel inspired which can be used to measure your progress. Writing and talking on the forum helps me a great deal as there is always someone interesting to talk to and I have learned a lot this way, so you have come to the right place. Finally freeelementjack, and this is just a suggestion, you have the option of asking for a tutor who can help you with certain problems or indicate to you whether you are progressing along the right lines. Greywolf might be worth pming with some questions, although I imagine he might take a while to answer properly. Regarding the forum, you are welcome to ask any questions here and you are sure to receive an answer of some kind, it is up to you how to use that resource as everyone here has differing points of view although we all share the same path.