Reply To: Trouble in Druidville-Star tree talks some religious craic about druidry

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum Trouble in Druidville-Star tree talks some religious craic about druidry Reply To: Trouble in Druidville-Star tree talks some religious craic about druidry

Anonymous

I am really enjoying reading the Robert Hutton books, and I think he has thought this subject out, and is well worth reading. I will also say that I don’t see any cult activity in the BDO, and I think
that Grey Wolf is a good teacher and a person who has thought a great deal about what a druid is. I think the BDO is an excellent way to learn about druidism. I think it is great that the Welsh people have a living Welsh language, and I have a great deal of Welsh ancestors so the spirit ancestors and welsh language is chiming poetry to my spirit. I find that being a druid cleans the doors of perception and is always opening up new ways of seeing the universe. I believe that druidism has been around for millions of years, countless times around the spiral continuum, but that modern druidism is really a new culture, and is still being formed and shaped out of many cultural and religious beliefs. there are a number of signatures and signs that can identify a cult, so cults are usually easy to identify. Anyone interested in cults should look up what the tell tail signs of a cult are. We are now at a time when exploring what a modern druid is can be helpful. I think at sometime it could be helpful to codify what a druid stands for and what a druid believes. I think that druids should never form a religious organization because all you have to do is look at the christian church for to see how power can be abused. But the most important thing is for druids to walk in the light and not have hidden secrets from the world. We need to be honest about what we believe and not silenced by peer pressure.the world cannot be changed by laws and rules, it can only be changed by a spiritual change in all of us, a new respect for nature and the consciousness in nature.